Today we take a closer look at one of the most important terms in digital marketing: conversion funnels. What is a conversion funnel? Why is it important? How to optimize your conversion funnel? Keep reading to discover the answers.
What Is a Conversion Funnel?
A conversion funnel is a way to visualize the phases in the buyer’s journey in an e-commerce environment.
An example from your own life may make things a lot easier to understand.
Just think of the last purchase you made online. Whether it was shoes, books, or spare parts for your car, chances are that the process looked roughly like this:
- Attention. An online ad (probably on social media) or a tip from an acquaintance piques your curiosity.
- Interest. You realize that the product in question may be useful in solving a need; you want to learn more.
- Desire. After doing some research, you are convinced: you want to purchase the product or service.
- Action: You proceed with the purchase.
What you see described above is called the AIDA funnel and it’s so widely used that some people simple call it “the marketing funnel.”
Why Are Conversion Funnels Important? How to Optimize Your Conversion Funnel?
Simply put, conversion funnels are important because the success of any e-commerce venture depends on them.
Your online sales will only be as successful as your conversion funnel. When it comes to analyzing and optimizing your conversion funnel, it’s advisable to divide it into three main sections:
- Upper funnel. Think of this part as the wider part of the funnel. Here you capture potential clients withs optimized keywords and finely-tuned social media ads.
- Middle funnel. Here your prospects are already interested. Marketing tools like testimonials and reviews may be helpful in encouraging them to seal the deal.
- Lower funnel. This is the part of the funnel where the purchase happens. Here, you want to create new conversion funnels to up-sale, cross-sale, and bolster retention.
Contact the Experts in Digital Marketing!
Looking for more great digital marketing ideas? Our experts at Uniko Media Group will help you find the right marketing mix to connect with your audience and achieve the goals you have set for your business.